How to Get a Refund from Austrian Airlines?
Before you take on your flight, sometimes you get into some emergency, and because of that, you won't be able to board your flight, and you have to cancel it. However, after the cancellation, the main concern is whether you will get a refund or not. You can get information about this only through Austrian Airlines' refund policy; it will enlighten you about everything related to the cancellation and refund. Therefore, to get a refund, you need to make sure that your situation or cancellation is coming under the guideline that has been given in their refund policy. We will look at all the essential points of the policy further.
The Cancellation and Refund Policy of Austrian Airlines:
- Those flight tickets that have been canceled within 24 hours of purchase will get a full refund.
- A full refund will be initiated for the refundable tickets.
- The Government taxes and charges will be refunded for non-refundable tickets. But you will not get a refund of the main amount of the ticket.
- The flights that have been canceled by the Airline in situations like bad weather, any technical issues, or lack of sufficient demand, then you can request a refund and be entitled to compensation.
- We are humans, and making mistakes is normal. So if you mistakenly booked double flights, you can cancel the other one. The Airline will refund your money at a lower price.
- You can request a refund from the Austrian Airline in case of a medical emergency or demise at home.
- If your Austrian flight ticket was canceled by the Airline without informing you, you could claim a refund.
- Sometimes the flights get delayed, but if the flight is late for more than 3 hours so the Airline should arrange the other alternative flight or refund your money.
- If your health deteriorates because of some previous medical history, you can apply for a refund at their official website.
Ways to Request a Refund:
- Through Phone Call: If you want to take the help of the customer support of Austrian Airlines to request a refund, then the phone call is the fastest and most convenient way for it. The Austrian Airlines executive will ask for your flight details and the cancellation number, which you must have received at the time of cancellation, to provide them with all this information. You have to dial 1 (800) 843-0002, follow the IVR method and speak to the executive of the Airline.
- Through Request Form: You can make a refund request yourself as well. It will save you the time of contacting the customer support of the Airline. Follow the given procedure and request your refund:
- Visit the official website of Austrian Airlines.
- Click on Fly at the top left and fill in your flight details.
- Go to the Menu and select cancellation and refund.
- Then navigate to the refund request form, fill out the form and add the cancellation number.
- Click on continue, and the Airline will revert you as soon as possible.
The above information will enlighten you about the cancellation and refund policy and the Austrian Airlines refund process so that you do not face any trouble requesting a refund or cancellation. For further details, visit the official website of Austrian Airlines.