How can I Change Passenger Name on Air India Flight ticket?
Everyone books the tickets carefully and rechecks the submitted details. Suppose you have made a mistake and realize later that your name is not correct on the booking, then there is nothing to be worried about; the policies and process to correct your reservation is written below. Check them thoroughly and proceed ahead.
Must Remember Policies to Change your Name
You should keep in mind that Air India name change policy is a bunch of rules from the airline for the passengers. Check each of them below:-
- You do not have to modify your tickets if you want to add your middle name to your booking. Only first and last names are enough.
- If you have made an error in your last name or some letters of the first name, you can make changes to the tickets. Because at the security checkpoint, your booking name must match with the name on your ID proof.
- It is permissible to alter your first name entirely because it will mean you are shifting your booking to another person.
- If you have a name without a surname, then you can put the one in both the first and last name columns.
- Your name change request will be considered if you have made the applied payment.
- The cost of the name modification applies after 24 hours of ticket purchasing; before that, this service is free of cost.
Process to Change Your Name in the Air India ticket
If you are in one of the conditions mentioned above in the policies, then it is allowed Air India name change in a ticket through online mode, which means you may operate the airline’s website. Check the way to make it done:-
- Reach the web page of Air India and select the “Manage Booking” option to retrieve your booking.
- Place “Booking reference” and “Last name,” and your booking will open.
- Check the available options for modifications and tap on “change the name”.
- Write down a new modified name or surname, and to prove its authenticity also, attach the proving document.
- Continue to the next page and pay the amount for this service.
- Submit the booking and get a confirmation in an email that your name change is accepted by the airline.
If you have any query related to your name modification or policies or are unable to access the website, then here is one more option for you, i.e., customer service.
Air India customer support:- You may know the method and Air India name change process through calls and online chat.
- Make a call on 1 888 634 1407 and choose a language.
- Let the IVR share all the instructions and press the one for ticket modification.
- Also, you can connect the call to the airline’s real agent.
- Request the agent to make changes in your name.
- When you visit the web portal of Air India, you may observe an icon “Ask Maharajah”.
- Tap on it and see a chatbot on your screen.
- This is a live chat facility of the airline, and you can type your request for modification in your booking to the virtual assistant.